With so much auto glass in our vehicles these days, broken windscreens are not the only damage that occurs. Broken sun roofs, cracked rear windscreens and smashed car windows are all very common.
A broken car window is disadvantageous in terms of weather conditions and also the increased the risk of theft. Many faced with such an issue decide to apply a patch on their broken window. However this is only a temporary solution as without the protective glass window the vehicle is prone to theft and rain which can ruin the upholstery.
Do you have a Smashed Car Window?
In replacing a car window, we take the following steps:
- Inspection. Our technician will first inspect the damage on the affected window to ensure best processes are carried out. The extent of the damage will determine whether the glass will be repaired or needs a full replacement. It will also determine aspects such as the size of glass, type of vehicle, among other determining factors.
- Removal of Window. The technician will then remove the door panel. This is to assist in accessing and removing the larger remaining glass pieces.
- Vacuum Process. This is done to remove any debris and glass remaining inside the vehicle. This enables the technician work with ease and also ensures your own safety and comfort.
- Installation Process. In this process, a brand new window is placed in the car door.
- Testing. After the window has been installed, we test the regulator to ensure the window is functioning correctly.
- Reassembly. The door panel is now replaced to its original position.
- Final Clear. A final cleaning process is carried out inside the vehicle in order to clear all remaining glass particles. Leaving your with a brand new looking window.
The entire car window replacement process normally takes around one hour. You can trust our expertise and professionalism with all auto glass repairs.
New car windows are made in such a way that they shatter instead of breaking into pieces in the event of an impact. This is a structural modification that protects the occupants of the vehicle from injuries.
Give us a call now or use our online quote form for a free quote.